Love squid so much.. I took the recipe from Blueband’s wrap, hehehe…
- Brocoli (medium size), cut into small pieces, I would like to cut it each florets
- 500 g squid
- Small lime, squeeze to get the juice
- 150 g oyster mushroom, cut into small pieces that you like (you can substitute to others mushroom)
- 300 ml of water
- 3 tbs oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion (medium size), thinly sliced
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs chili sauce
- 5 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce/fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs cornstarch, dissolved in approximately about 50ml water
How to Make:
- Discard skin and squid guts. Cut in half, then slice cross each other. Cut about 3 cm. Sprinkle with lime juice and let’s stand it for 10 minutes. Then wash it with half-boiled water.
- Boiled broccoli, add salt into the boiling water (don’t add to much, you can estimate how much that you need by yourself. It just to enhance the taste of broccoli and to make it stay looked green after boiled). Boiled it until wilted. Drained after that.
- Saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Add the squid and ginger. Stir it.
- Add water, pepper, chili and tomato sauce, soy sauce/fish sauce, salt, and sugar. Stir until boiling.
- Add mushrooms and cook until all the ingredients cooked well.
- Pour the cornstarch solution while stirring constantly. Cook it until you can see the water bubbling. The the squid sauce has been finished.
- Pour the squid sauce over the steamed broccoli that you have been arrange on the plate. Serve while warm would be better….