Here it is the recipe of Banana Cake that I have ever baked (beside the other recipe that I posted before). Actually I love this one than another. Maybe because I am not into chocolate and prefer this one that is didn’t use too much chocolate as a part of the cake and only use chocolate chip, LOL. I baked this cake to bring at office and you know what my colleagues comment about this cake? All said that this cake was so yummy and one of them ever said that this banana cake is bakery-like cake than a homemade one.
I got this recipe from Mbak Ienas Tsuroiya, my old friend in Multiply who ever share the recipe in her blog. If you love banana, this cake is a must. Just try to bake it then you will never forget this amazing cake. You can decrease the amount of sugar, just adapt to your daily taste and suitable for you. Actually i try to decrease the amount of sugar if I think the banana is over-ripen so much and the original taste of banana is over-sweet.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
Original Recipe of Julie Hasson in 30 Best Chocolate Recipes
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil and sometimes coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, medium sized
- 2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toasted walnut/almond
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In other bowl, mix vegetable oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed banana and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, beating just until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and walnut/almonds (if using).
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celcius.
- Use any loaf pan that you want. I used 24x10x7 cm loaf pan, lined with parchment, greased. Spread the batter in that pan. Bake in oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of cakes comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool in racks for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- Ready to be served.