BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
Original Recipe of Julie Hasson in 30 Best Chocolate Recipes
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil and sometimes coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, medium sized
- 2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toasted walnut/almond
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In other bowl, mix vegetable oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed banana and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, beating just until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and walnut/almonds (if using).
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celcius.
- Use any loaf pan that you want. I used 24x10x7 cm loaf pan, lined with parchment, greased. Spread the batter in that pan. Bake in oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of cakes comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool in racks for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- Ready to be served.