I got the recipe from Pinodita. Original source of the recipe from the Primarasa Femina recipe book “Hidangan Peranakan Belanda & Cina”.
Dutch Mini Pancakes
- 250 g high protein flour
- 75 g castor sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml evaporated milk
- 300 ml fresh milk
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cheddar cheese, grated > for filling
- Chocolate sprinkles (jimmies) > for filling
- Raisin > for filling
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix flour, sugar, and instant yeast in a medium bowl. Stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Beat the eggs, pour milk and mix well.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture into the flour bowl. Mix it well and make sure there are no lumps in the batter (I use hand mixer with bread beater)
- Add melted butter and salt to the batter. Mix well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the poffertjes pan and grease with the batter.
- Fill the pan only about halfway or less. Wait for a while. Filled or sprinkle the cheese/jimmies/raisin. Pour more batter in the other part of pan. Let it cook until the bottom has started to harden or look more brown. Use bamboo skewer to turn them around. Pierce the poffertjes with the skewer and use a circular motion to roughly flip the half-ball over the poffertjes that has been sprinkled by cheese/jimmies/raisin before. So that half-cooked batter flows out into the mold to form a ball. Turn them around for several time until well cooked.
- Put them in serving plate and dust with powdered sugar. Ready to eat.
Recipe in Bahasa Indonesia